Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of food or drink) not containing additional flavourings.‘unflavoured yogurt’
flavourless, bland, insipid, unappetizing, unflavoured, savourless, watered-down, watery, weak, thin, vapid, uninspiredView synonyms
- ‘In the Hebrides, on the other hand, unflavoured whey seems to have been the favourite beverage, known as ‘bland’.’
- ‘You can save a lot of cash if you buy unflavored whey protein in bulk.’
- ‘He frowns upon my occasional eating habit, but sometimes I get an intense craving for some unflavored gelatin or a pilot cracker.’
- ‘In a slyly clandestine work, Brazilian artist Cildo Meireles arranged for vendors to sell unflavored popsicles in front of the exhibition venues.’
- ‘This summer, though, the distillery will release their first traditional, unflavored vodka, completing the backward circle.’
- ‘A bite of pizza tasted almost exactly like unflavored shredded wheat, only blander; it was a culinary holocaust and my final solution was to throw most of it away.’
- ‘Chocolate milk processing requires different ingredients and procedural steps than those used in unflavored milk manufacture.’
- ‘One Halloween a few years back, we attempted to make black shots, using black food dye, unflavored gelatin, and Jagermeister.’
- ‘Flavored and unflavored milk, cottage cheese, dairy-based dips, sour cream, cream cheese and cheese snacks all come in single-serve packaging.’
- ‘To make sizing, mix thoroughly 1 cup of boiling water, 1 package of unflavored gelatin and 2 tablespoons cornstarch.’
- ‘You can also buy plain, unflavored gelatin and make it with fruit juice to boost the vitamin content and get more fruit into your family - kids love it.’
- ‘I recently switched from soda to unflavored seltzer water.’
- ‘Packaged in small sachets or pouches, these 30-minute marinades come flavoured or unflavoured.’
- ‘Mix the 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin in the 1 cup of cold water.’
- ‘Like unflavored milks, all versions of flavored milks provide about 300 milligrams of calcium per serving.’
- ‘Most unflavored soy milks have about 120 calories, but the range is wide.’
- ‘They come in various flavours but I prefer using the basic unflavoured ones leaving the natural attraction to work.’
- ‘Try it in a sandwich (mash with some light or low-fat mayo or, for a tangy kick, unflavored, non-fat yogurt).’
- ‘Other dairy products that formerly were unflavored are now infused with flavor, and consumers are literally eating up the new concepts and demanding more.’
- ‘Even chocolate milk supplies some calcium, though not as much as unflavored milk.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.