One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘No doubt in the referee's mind and Brady himself strode, ball in hand, to the penalty spot before unflappably tucking the spot kick home.’
- ‘It is good they were honest enough to say that, the Filipino filmmaker reminisces unflappably.’
- ‘‘But I suppose I can make an exception in this case,’ Jack added as unflappably as ever.’
- ‘Parker handles it unflappably, though, and says if he is asked the question 5,500 more times, he'll answer it 5,500 more times in the same calm, thoughtful way.’
- ‘Forrest takes on both teacher and class, unflappably telling them his side of the story.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.