One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I pulled it on, but I was trying to go so fast I got all the fancy straps tangled up, and I didn't have the time to unfix them right then.’
- ‘So much of the angst surrounding Derrida's work comes from a fear that he destabilises and unfixes truth and meaning.’
- ‘We fix it, it stays fixed for a couple of printings, then it mysteriously unfixes itself once more.’
- ‘With the knowledge that Galway had given her she had unfixed the bars from their place in the stone a long time ago.’
- ‘This critique is particularly valid when one considers that, even as the film unfixes gender, it repeatedly heterosexualizes Orlando's romantic exchanges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.