One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not made into a specific shape; formless.‘our unfashioned spirits’‘a cloudy confluence of unfashioned light’
- ‘A passing picture, a stray word, a fugitive thought caught up by them sets in motion a long train of dreamy, unfashioned, unfinished thoughts.’
- ‘Chimpanzee males are much more likely to throw such unfashioned missiles than are chimpanzee females, though with limited accuracy.’
- ‘Also, much of this country is beautiful in a completely unfashioned way, the way a racehorse is, or a huge cat.’
- ‘Another unique characteristic is that pearls are the only gem commonly worn unfashioned (not cut or polished).’
- ‘The subject firmly grips a ransacked, unfashioned garment secured by a simple-knotted line of inter-woven string.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.