One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not made into a specific shape; formless.‘our unfashioned spirits’‘a cloudy confluence of unfashioned light’
- ‘Another unique characteristic is that pearls are the only gem commonly worn unfashioned (not cut or polished).’
- ‘A passing picture, a stray word, a fugitive thought caught up by them sets in motion a long train of dreamy, unfashioned, unfinished thoughts.’
- ‘Also, much of this country is beautiful in a completely unfashioned way, the way a racehorse is, or a huge cat.’
- ‘The subject firmly grips a ransacked, unfashioned garment secured by a simple-knotted line of inter-woven string.’
- ‘Chimpanzee males are much more likely to throw such unfashioned missiles than are chimpanzee females, though with limited accuracy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.