One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But its unfashionableness comes out when you consider its contraries - for example, impulsiveness and outspokenness.’
- ‘He argues that the definitive quality is his very unfashionableness, his being out of the mainstream of his or any time.’
- ‘The British Empire went into fast decline at the end of the Second World War largely due to the unfashionableness of colonialism which was considered to be counter to the rights of the nations embodied in the Empire.’
- ‘It may also have contributed to the odd fact that Darwinism suffered a temporary spell of unfashionableness in the early part of the 20th century.’
- ‘History, however, has stripped Bach's music of any whiff of temporal unfashionableness and revealed, magnificently, its genius.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.