Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Better than any other examples of the same type; matchless:‘as expositions of science these books are unexcelled’‘his unexcelled capacity for hard work’
- ‘In the early '50s, after making a reputation for unexcelled gospel singing, the Louvins broadened their repertoire.’
- ‘Never very numerous, they reached this commanding position by an incisive and unexcelled diplomacy.’
- ‘The Causeway also offers an unexcelled view of ships entering and leaving this seventh wonder of the world.’
- ‘Thanks to the active noise reduction, the call quality is unexcelled in noisy locations.’
- ‘The work was evidently intended to be a special monument to the unexcelled graphic mastery of its author.’
- ‘He left us these stories, unexcelled in accuracy and sympathy.’
- ‘The intermingling of the light from these various jewels produces a color unexcelled among all colors.’
- ‘Its location is near the center of a scope of unexcelled farming land about twenty-five miles in diameter.’
- ‘His performances were unexcelled either by his predecessors or his successors.’
- ‘His knowledge of company law was unexcelled in the Isle of Man.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.