One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Better than any other examples of the same type; matchless.‘as expositions of science these books are unexcelled’‘his unexcelled capacity for hard work’
- ‘Never very numerous, they reached this commanding position by an incisive and unexcelled diplomacy.’
- ‘He left us these stories, unexcelled in accuracy and sympathy.’
- ‘The intermingling of the light from these various jewels produces a color unexcelled among all colors.’
- ‘In the early '50s, after making a reputation for unexcelled gospel singing, the Louvins broadened their repertoire.’
- ‘Thanks to the active noise reduction, the call quality is unexcelled in noisy locations.’
- ‘Its location is near the center of a scope of unexcelled farming land about twenty-five miles in diameter.’
- ‘The Causeway also offers an unexcelled view of ships entering and leaving this seventh wonder of the world.’
- ‘His knowledge of company law was unexcelled in the Isle of Man.’
- ‘The work was evidently intended to be a special monument to the unexcelled graphic mastery of its author.’
- ‘His performances were unexcelled either by his predecessors or his successors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.