One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no precedent or parallel.‘a regime which brought such unexampled disaster on its people’
superb, exquisite, superlative, excellent, wonderful, marvellous, beautiful, sublime, magnificent, idyllic, blissful, utopianView synonyms
- ‘The food of a nation had perished, and a desolation unexampled in modern times came down upon the land.’
- ‘The catastrophe, though unique in France, was not unexampled further east.’
- ‘To paraphrase Trotsky, even in times of unexampled crisis, mad acts like this constitute an unimportant percentage.’
- ‘And today, as then, Churchill's next comment is note perfect: ‘Our comradeship and our brotherhood in war were unexampled.’’
- ‘The best portraiture in history was, of course, done in the Low Countries, in an unexampled tradition that continued until the economic eclipse of the Netherlands by England.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.