One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is a country where people live in the comfort of uneventfulness.’
- ‘Life here is almost English in its suburban uneventfulness.’
- ‘Tea was recuperative, it made things better, or it celebrated uneventfulness, emphasising that nothing was wrong.’
- ‘The landscape rolls by with superficial uneventfulness until the eye begins to entertain itself by finding distinctive features.’
- ‘However, because of this relative uneventfulness, the infernal events that unfold at the end of the film are all the more shocking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.