Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Always right or accurate.‘an unerring sense of direction’
unfailing, infallible, unswerving, perfect, flawless, faultless, error-free, impeccable, unimpeachable, sure, true, inevitable, assured, certain, uncanny, deadly, scrupulous, meticuloussure-fire, spot on, deadView synonyms
- ‘At the end of the second round he had opened up a 18-11 advantage mainly thanks to his ramrod right which he used with unerring accuracy.’
- ‘Sean Davey chipped in with another point before Maye pointed again from 40 yards with unerring accuracy.’
- ‘An unerring sense of right and wrong should be a cardinal quality of any corporate leader.’
- ‘She is unerring in identifying the city's greatest works (from all periods) and lyrical in singing their praises.’
- ‘Thereafter, he seemed to have an unerring knack for picking the wrong script.’
- ‘I could always hop on the bus, but my unerring sense of direction would probably land me up at the opposite end of the island from my house.’
- ‘His control was unerring and he could bowl long spells.’
- ‘Perhaps of even greater significance, he had an unerring sense of rhythmic flow and continuity.’
- ‘The accident raised his other senses to near-superhuman levels, allowing him to taste, touch, smell and hear with unerring accuracy.’
- ‘She came from an aristocratic family, yet had an unerring sense of fashion.’
- ‘Tom seemed to know the streets inside out, as he led the way with unerring accuracy.’
- ‘I had this unerring belief in the infallibility of grown ups until I was about 12.’
- ‘A knowledgeable fan can predict most selections with unerring accuracy.’
- ‘I can still see his slight frame darting past defenders and rifling over points with unerring ease and accuracy.’
- ‘His balancing of minutiae and theme is unerring.’
- ‘We can pinpoint our targets and strike with unerring accuracy at the level of devastation we choose to inflict.’
- ‘It's incredible how those smart bombs can travel hundred of miles and hit their target with unerring accuracy.’
- ‘From those images, he can guide the bomb to its target with unerring accuracy.’
- ‘As always, Irish Independent editor Vinnie Doyle displays an unerring eye for a good story.’
- ‘But enter substitute David Murphy, with steady nerve and unerring accuracy to rescue Laois with a point.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.