One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The story unemphatically revolves around the main character, Chris Gardner, and his son, Christopher.’
- ‘Typically, this part of the film is edited so unemphatically that it appears to place equal emphasis on the little boy's bed-wetting and the death of his mother.’
- ‘I consider myself unemphatically to be a Conservative Republican and no longer will I apologize for it.’
- ‘This is more or less the theory adopted by the majority of modern scientists, either unemphatically or emphatically.’
- ‘The moral power of Fussell's narrative is all the greater for being so unemphatically delivered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.