Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of an idea, quality, or feeling) not having a tangible or visible form.‘claims to knowledge of an unembodied consciousness’‘divine and unembodied power’
impalpable, untouchable, imperceptible to the touch, non-physical, bodiless, incorporeal, unembodied, disembodied, abstract, invisibleView synonyms
- ‘There is no need to be disturbed in mind on hearing of the birth, human body, sufferings and death of the immaterial and unembodied Word of God.’
- ‘About 100 new channeled works are published each year and it is unlikely that the true and full intent of either the unembodied entity or the channeler are expressed in the copyright notice.’
- ‘Many modern philosophers consider that claims to knowledge of an unembodied consciousness (a God) are too dubious and implausible to be worth considering.’
- ‘Did he not ever and everywhere reach through the matter of the elements, stamping his own beauty and unembodied ideas on the qualities of matter?’
- ‘Attributing specified complexity to intelligence for biological systems is regarded as problematic because such an intelligence would in all likelihood have to be unembodied.’
- ‘He presents the bacterial flagellum as the premier example of a biological system that must have been actualized by the form-conferring action of an unembodied intelligent agent.’
- ‘Sometimes an idea, instead of springing forcibly into life and dying unembodied, dawns gradually.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.