Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not developed or presented in great or further detail.‘the theory remains unelaborated and sketchy’‘he prefers the unelaborated 1818–23 text’
- ‘While she starts her end note with two praise comments, she leaves both of them unspecified and unelaborated, allowing them to be read merely as a gesture.’
- ‘The Thomas version is regarded as earlier because it is simpler and unelaborated.’
- ‘It specifies only elections and leaves the take part clause suggestive and unelaborated.’
- ‘The major figures in the field also raised such issues, but these were gestures amounting to little more than footnotes, unelaborated caveats and asides.’
- ‘His litigation vs. law enforcement construct has a major unelaborated subcomponent.’
- ‘This vision of a human progress at once more capacious and more humble than that asserted by modern Europe goes unelaborated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.