One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not developed or presented in great or further detail.‘the theory remains unelaborated and sketchy’‘he prefers the unelaborated 1818–23 text’
- ‘The Thomas version is regarded as earlier because it is simpler and unelaborated.’
- ‘His litigation vs. law enforcement construct has a major unelaborated subcomponent.’
- ‘While she starts her end note with two praise comments, she leaves both of them unspecified and unelaborated, allowing them to be read merely as a gesture.’
- ‘It specifies only elections and leaves the take part clause suggestive and unelaborated.’
- ‘The major figures in the field also raised such issues, but these were gestures amounting to little more than footnotes, unelaborated caveats and asides.’
- ‘This vision of a human progress at once more capacious and more humble than that asserted by modern Europe goes unelaborated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.