One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What's more, she looked like a living nightmare for white middle-class boys who want their pint-sized girl pop stars flaunting their booties rather than swathing them unedifyingly in trackie bottoms.’
- ‘In the 21st century, photography is often unedifyingly in cahoots with fame: a visual blandishment for the celebrity, a feeble sop for the rest of us.’
- ‘I begin at the foot of the column and toil my way up the page to find each story unedifyingly summarized in inch-high type.’
- ‘Apparently there are those who, somewhat unedifyingly, wolf down jars of marmite in an attempt to ward the blighters off.’
- ‘It was also at the centre of the squabbles over change in the leadership with mavericks in the party unedifyingly shooting their mouth off about gerontocracy in the party.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.