One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not fit to be eaten.‘we all complained about the uneatable breakfast’
unpalatable, unappetizing, unpleasant, distasteful, disagreeable, uninviting, unappealing, unattractiveView synonyms
- ‘The bed of green leaves were drenched in an unsubtle, highly acidic balsamic that made them uneatable.’
- ‘The standard explanation of this odd pie is that the heads of pilchards are uneatable, but full of rich oil which it would be a shame to waste.’
- ‘They decided to change the topic a little as I was chewing on some uneatable cabbage, on the verge of puking it all out.’
- ‘‘Not anymore’ she said and placed her tray with its uneatable lunch onto it.’
- ‘It is true that foxes are uneatable, so nobody can use the argument that they are killed for food.’
- ‘It was totally uneatable.’
- ‘It was a typically minimalist ‘gourmet’ spread of undercooked steak and uneatable entrée.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.