One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not fit to be eaten.‘we all complained about the uneatable breakfast’
unpalatable, unappetizing, unpleasant, distasteful, disagreeable, uninviting, unappealing, unattractiveView synonyms
- ‘They decided to change the topic a little as I was chewing on some uneatable cabbage, on the verge of puking it all out.’
- ‘It is true that foxes are uneatable, so nobody can use the argument that they are killed for food.’
- ‘‘Not anymore’ she said and placed her tray with its uneatable lunch onto it.’
- ‘The standard explanation of this odd pie is that the heads of pilchards are uneatable, but full of rich oil which it would be a shame to waste.’
- ‘It was totally uneatable.’
- ‘It was a typically minimalist ‘gourmet’ spread of undercooked steak and uneatable entrée.’
- ‘The bed of green leaves were drenched in an unsubtle, highly acidic balsamic that made them uneatable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.