Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially of an emotion) lasting forever:‘promises of undying love’
abiding, lasting, enduring, permanent, continuing, constant, perennial, infiniteunceasing, perpetual, ceaseless, incessant, unending, never-ending, unfadingimmortal, eternal, deathless, never-dyingindestructible, imperishable, inextinguishableundiminished, undestroyedsempiternalView synonyms
- ‘All of this northern exposure contributed to an undying curiosity about the region.’
- ‘Being with my friends was even better, they were the true reason for my undying happiness.’
- ‘By the end of the night we were swearing undying love for each other.’
- ‘Didn't I promise love and undying devotion from me if you reviewed?’
- ‘This walk wasn't going to be a proclamation of Ben's undying love.’
- ‘I will always accept any toys offered to me, and return it with undying affection.’
- ‘In other words, for a guy, it's just a phone call, not a confession of undying love.’
- ‘I have no undying love to confess, just a lame apology that I shouldn't even have to make.’
- ‘If he thinks he can gain my trust and undying love, he's got another thing coming.’
- ‘Then in my most girl like of ways I shed a couple of tears and professed undying love.’
- ‘The winner will have my undying appreciation and will receive special mention in a future post.’
- ‘You will either love them with an undying passion or hate them with an unwavering vengeance.’
- ‘Deeply felt emotions, especially declarations of undying love, are left unexpressed.’
- ‘She tells him her tale expecting him to express his undying love for her and the unborn babe.’
- ‘As the couple pledged their undying love and gazed dreamily into each other's eyes, in came a tiny voice.’
- ‘Though I still felt for her the same undying devotion, it was as though we were growing apart.’
- ‘He also wrote her long letters professing his undying love.’
- ‘My undying love for all things nicotine is apparently quite temporary.’
- ‘I never said he had to declare his undying love for me and I never expected him to.’
- ‘Great Expectations is a tale of death, revenge, rags to riches and undying love - all the good stuff, basically.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.