One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not cleaned of dust or dirt; left dusty.‘woe betide any maid who left a corner undusted’
dirty, grimy, grubby, unclean, soiled, begrimed, befouled, mucky, sooty, stained, smudged, spottyView synonyms
- ‘There she crouched in this undusted, dim corner of memory.’
- ‘Wall shelves were often left undusted.’
- ‘This is one of those books that runs a cloth over an undusted nook of history.’
- ‘We painted over some ugly bits, dusted some undusted bits and ate some chips.’
- ‘The wallpaper was peeling, the furniture was undusted, the windows grimy, the curtains torn and tattered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.