One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To an unwarranted degree; inordinately.‘there is no need to be unduly alarmed’
excessively, immoderately, intemperately, disproportionately, out of all proportion, inordinatelyView synonyms
- ‘It suggests that the existing regime contains aspects which unduly deter investment.’
- ‘It isn't the first time they have unduly worried themselves by failing to put lesser opponents out of sight.’
- ‘I don't want to alarm them unduly, but they do need to be extremely careful.’
- ‘The SNP, they claim, is being punished unduly for the general disillusion with home rule.’
- ‘They should be compensated with money when their interest is unduly interfered with.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.