One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To an unwarranted degree; inordinately.‘there is no need to be unduly alarmed’
excessively, immoderately, intemperately, disproportionately, out of all proportion, inordinatelyView synonyms
- ‘I don't want to alarm them unduly, but they do need to be extremely careful.’
- ‘They should be compensated with money when their interest is unduly interfered with.’
- ‘It suggests that the existing regime contains aspects which unduly deter investment.’
- ‘It isn't the first time they have unduly worried themselves by failing to put lesser opponents out of sight.’
- ‘The SNP, they claim, is being punished unduly for the general disillusion with home rule.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.