Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Influence by which a person is induced to act otherwise than by their own free will or without adequate attention to the consequences.
- ‘There is a rebuttable evidential presumption of undue influence.’
- ‘She also pleads undue influence by Mr. Wilson, and other defences.’
- ‘It has become conventional to divide undue influence into actual and presumed undue influence.’
- ‘An allegation of undue influence was abandoned at the summary judgment application.’
- ‘The defendant claimed that he had entered into the agreement under undue influence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.