Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Influence by which a person is induced to act otherwise than by their own free will or without adequate attention to the consequences.
- ‘The defendant claimed that he had entered into the agreement under undue influence.’
- ‘There is a rebuttable evidential presumption of undue influence.’
- ‘She also pleads undue influence by Mr. Wilson, and other defences.’
- ‘An allegation of undue influence was abandoned at the summary judgment application.’
- ‘It has become conventional to divide undue influence into actual and presumed undue influence.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.