Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially of food) in its fresh state; not dried.‘salted undried fish’
newly harvested, garden-fresh, not stale, crisp, firm, unwilted, unfadedView synonyms
- ‘There is a surprising amount of water in undried food and plant material.’
- ‘Does anyone ever use undried beet pulp straight from the factory?’
- ‘The taste and texture of the meat which has been rehydrated and then cooked is different from the taste and texture of fresh, undried meat.’
- ‘Why are we able to keep dried food longer than undried food?’
- ‘Undried garlic is a very common product in green grocers throughout Europe when garlic season is on.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.