One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without doubt; certainly.‘they are undoubtedly guilty’
doubtless, indubitably, doubtlessly, no doubt, without doubt, without a doubt, beyond doubt, beyond a doubt, beyond the shadow of a doubtView synonyms
- ‘The UK is likely to pay more as a result, but that money will undoubtedly be better spent.’
- ‘This is pretty challenging stuff, and we will undoubtedly have our work cut out to achieve this.’
- ‘However, there is an obvious problem that may undoubtedly arise from such a change in the rules.’
- ‘Bacteria evolve so fast they will undoubtedly find a way to overcome this, too.’
- ‘This one is a messy divorce and one due undoubtedly to wholly irreconcilable differences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.