Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Unable to be done; impracticable.‘some wild request that's almost undoable’‘one man is daring to do the undoable’
not possible, beyond the bounds of possibility, out of the question, not worth consideringView synonyms
- ‘It's a job that used to be considered undoable because the recycling technology just wasn't there.’
- ‘My job was fundamentally undoable.’
- ‘Basically, what I think would be a great series is undoable, unmarketable and lacks wide appeal.’
- ‘We have to admit that you sound genuine, but what you tell us to do is just undoable.’
- ‘Enriching uranium is harder, but still not undoable.’
- ‘The designer did the undoable by creating a dress that lived up to an impossible dream.’
- ‘I don't think this is as undoable as people have suggested.’
- ‘He boasts of bringing the federal budget into balance - an achievement once seen as undoable.’
- ‘Any new work that gets thrown my way doesn't cause me any more problems, but remains just as undoable as the last five or six tasks I've been given to juggle.’
- ‘After Florida 2000, voting reforms that seemed undoable suddenly seem doable.’
- ‘The clown is the character who engages our sympathies, who speaks for us, who says and does the unspeakable, the undoable - and, in doing so, becomes a lightning rod for our emotions.’
- ‘The negotiators found the task undoable.’
- ‘The postwar task here, while difficult, is neither undoable, nor is it something at which we can afford to fail.’
- ‘Parliament's decision to do the undoable heralds an unprecedented crisis for the Government.’
- ‘It is not hopeless, it is not undoable, we have only to marshal the will to start paying attention.’
- ‘There are all kind of analysts and experts calling this undoable.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.