One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a molecule) not dissociated into oppositely charged ions.
- ‘Production of the weak acid nitrite and excretion of undissociated nitric acid may help to stabilize cytosolic pH.’
- ‘However, if the acid is titrated against a dilute base, the undissociated molecules progressively dissociate and eventually the total hydrogen ion concentration can be found.’
- ‘Some substances, such as weak acids or bases in their undissociated form, are soluble in lipids and will dissolve in the lipid bilayer of the cell membrane.’
- ‘At pH 8.9, it was a mixture of undissociated molecules, monoanion and dianion.’
- ‘Weak acids vary in strength from those which exist primarily as hydrated molecules and only ionize to a very small extent to those which ionize substantially and are in equilibrium with only a small amount of undissociated molecules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.