Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Articles of underwear, especially those of a woman or girl.
- ‘Wearing my T-shirt and undies, I dashed into their locker room hoping the guys were done changing.’
- ‘Rene was wearing a pale blue nightie-like dress, a pink cardigan, and some shorts in lieu of undies.’
- ‘I pulled on a fresh pair of undies and a bra, turning and looking at the dress sitting on my bed.’
- ‘A brunette turns her back to the camera and exposes her thong undies.’
- ‘She pulled off her camisole and undies and exchanged them for fresh underwear and a cute summer dress.’
- ‘Then, I pressed my ear up against the door while getting my undies and jeans on.’
- ‘Pack cotton undies and dry clothes for when you're done swimming, just to be safe.’
- ‘We ran around the backyard until grass stuck to our undies.’
- ‘This morning I awoke to the sight of my socks and undies and bras all perched along the racks.’
- ‘Test drive new undies before you commit to buying a wardrobe of them.’
- ‘I'd unpeg some jeans, a couple of socks, pluck off some undies, then shuffle back inside.’
- ‘My skirt went right over my head, showing off my undies yet again.’
- ‘Make them to match your undies for each day of the week!’
- ‘She took off her bottoms and was about to take off her top half when I interrupted with her standing in a tank top and undies.’
- ‘Plus there were lots of cute girls stripping down to their undies left and right to try things on, which was a very nice bonus.’
- ‘I ran into the room, and took off my clothes and slipped the undies on, and checked myself out in the mirror.’
- ‘On Valentine's Day this year, Emma Richards received a box of chocolates, a compact disc and lace undies with a note that she prefers not to disclose.’
- ‘Is there anyplace that sells nice cotton undies with a leg that comes to around mid-thigh?’
- ‘The undies themselves are pretty comfy, though the thong strip was a little thick.’
- ‘He kissed the middle of my chin and undid my towel exposing my bra and undies.’
Early 20th century: abbreviation.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.