One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking in detail; broad and general.‘the discussion was brief and undetailed’
broad, imprecise, inexact, rough, sweeping, overall, loose, basic, approximate, non-specific, unspecific, vague, hazy, fuzzy, woolly, ill-defined, indefinite, unfocusedView synonyms
- ‘In some ways, publishing them in book form highlights the fact that they suffer from the limitations of genre: they are quick and provocative, but often too fleet and too thin, undetailed.’
- ‘The concept was explained very generally and a simple, very undetailed, exercise was given to begin understanding the most basic expression of the concept.’
- ‘It is surprisingly detailed in terms of its literary assessment of Ulysses yet remarkably undetailed in terms of legal support for his decision in favor of Random House.’
- ‘There were isolated and undetailed allegations of physical torture.’
- ‘With such undetailed, unprogrammed agendas it is really hard to figure out what real demands the people who voted for them have, except for better lives.’
- ‘They stand out in low relief from an undetailed background.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.