One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking in detail; broad and general.‘the discussion was brief and undetailed’
broad, imprecise, inexact, rough, sweeping, overall, loose, basic, approximate, non-specific, unspecific, vague, hazy, fuzzy, woolly, ill-defined, indefinite, unfocusedView synonyms
- ‘In some ways, publishing them in book form highlights the fact that they suffer from the limitations of genre: they are quick and provocative, but often too fleet and too thin, undetailed.’
- ‘With such undetailed, unprogrammed agendas it is really hard to figure out what real demands the people who voted for them have, except for better lives.’
- ‘The concept was explained very generally and a simple, very undetailed, exercise was given to begin understanding the most basic expression of the concept.’
- ‘There were isolated and undetailed allegations of physical torture.’
- ‘They stand out in low relief from an undetailed background.’
- ‘It is surprisingly detailed in terms of its literary assessment of Ulysses yet remarkably undetailed in terms of legal support for his decision in favor of Random House.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.