One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not destroyed; preserved.‘forests and undestroyed habitats’
- ‘An undestroyed copy's rediscovery was 150 years in the future from Jefferson's point of view.’
- ‘Its natural and undestroyed natural beauty amuses every traveler who comes.’
- ‘Those things we hold dear are yet undestroyed and mere anarchy is not loosed upon the earth after all.’
- ‘Bei's father in Hong Kong and aunts in the United States all hoped the only property they have on the mainland could be left undestroyed.’
- ‘Combat crews should be trained to promptly and accurately appraise firing results and carry out repeat firings on undestroyed targets.’
- ‘If by any chance this paper should be still undestroyed and should fall into your hands, I conjure you, by all you hold sacred, to hurl it into the fire.’
- ‘The infantry is shot to pieces time and again by undiscovered or undestroyed machine guns and Axis artillery.’
- ‘They paid a heavy price for their loyalty as Lord Hume had no goods left undestroyed by the end of 1545.’
- ‘This shows that all the vital nutrients are present undestroyed in raw food that benefits our health.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.