One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unintended.‘the changes created windfall gains and other undesigned consequences’
- ‘This set of political beliefs arose as an undesigned, unaimed for convergence of beliefs between me and my friends, as described.’
- ‘There are many undesigned buildings where plywood exterior siding has been used for decades (sheds, garages, and commercial buildings) and the results aren't pretty after a few years.’
- ‘In an undesigned world, plague, pestilence, famine, diphtheria, cancer, tuberculosis, and other natural ills no longer had to be reconciled with the sovereignty of an omnipotent and benevolent deity.’
- ‘The proof which these furnish is always the more satisfactory, the more manifest it is that the coincidence was undesigned.’
- ‘But, the undesigned length of the preceding remarks renders it necessary to omit them, and conclude with a brief improvement.’
- ‘The fact of her covering the spies with bundles of flax which lay on her house-roof is an undesigned coincidence which strictly corroborates the narrative.’
- ‘There are also many undesigned coincidences between Jeremiah and Kings.’
- ‘Also, the processes involved are supposed to be naturalistic and undesigned.’
- ‘Between this record and that of Moses, there is an undesigned coincidence.’
- ‘So far they have yet to offer a real testable hypothesis, something that can actually distinguish designed objects from undesigned objects in the real world.’
- ‘A second important type of confirming instance is an unexpected result which indicates that a law or theory has an undesigned scope.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.