Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a testicle) remaining in the abdomen instead of descending normally into the scrotum.
- ‘The main risk factor appears to be having had an undescended testicle, where the testicle fails to reach its proper position within the scrotum naturally.’
- ‘Watchful waiting is not an option because true undescended testicles rarely descend spontaneously after three months of age.’
- ‘When I was 10 years old I had an operation to correct an undescended testicle.’
- ‘Cryptorchidism, or undescended testicle, is usually diagnosed during the newborn examination.’
- ‘An operation may be needed to correct this if the testicles remain undescended at 6-12 months.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.