One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
women's underwear, underclothes, underclothing, undergarments, nightwear, nightclothesView synonyms
- ‘A couple of times he'd been able to see her through a gap in the curtains; once in her underthings.’
- ‘Grace stood in front of a full-length mirror, clad only in her underthings, studying her figure with a most scrutinizing eye.’
- ‘Totally unaware of the amusement her underthings were causing, Beth scrambled around her little apartment getting changed.’
- ‘Valerie put the scarves aside and concentrated on searching through her underthings.’
- ‘Once she was down to her very pretty lace underthings she forced herself to look at him.’
- ‘Juliet's mother is very distraught at her daughter's preference for sports rather than lacy underthings.’
- ‘‘You could at least turn your back,’ her cheeks were faintly red as the dress dropped to the floor, her white corset and underthings binding the shapely body beneath.’
- ‘It's really just an excuse to watch a woman undress, of course, but although lots of bizarre underthings get removed, she's still quite covered up by the end.’
- ‘He walks on screen and ladies melt directly into their underthings.’
- ‘John and Deborah are rarely together, and when they are, they're sparking each other's imagination, not ripping each other's underthings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.