Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Subsoil.
- ‘The undersoil heating has been on all night and even though there was a covering of snow this morning, it should be okay.’
- ‘Which was the first British club to install undersoil heating?’
- ‘I just wish they'd put in undersoil heating when the ground was built.’
- ‘The addition of undersoil heating would almost rule out the postponement of matches for climatic reasons.’
- ‘The invention is modelled on the undersoil heating systems at football grounds.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.