Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘I just wish they'd put in undersoil heating when the ground was built.’
- ‘The invention is modelled on the undersoil heating systems at football grounds.’
- ‘Which was the first British club to install undersoil heating?’
- ‘The undersoil heating has been on all night and even though there was a covering of snow this morning, it should be okay.’
- ‘The addition of undersoil heating would almost rule out the postponement of matches for climatic reasons.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.