One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insufficiently qualified for a particular job.
- ‘And the numbers are even grimmer in neighborhoods like Johnny's, where students are five times more likely to have underqualified teachers.’
- ‘It's precisely the kind of job I'm interested in (and was applying for this summer) - I'm not unqualified by any stretch, just a tad underqualified by the specifics of this particular job announcement.’
- ‘Who in their right mind would turn down the job of their dreams even though deep down they know themselves to be grotesquely underqualified for said job?’
- ‘At the high skill end, some appear underqualified because they have learnt on the job over a number of years.’
- ‘The underqualified will have to direct their efforts into jobs that do not require qualifications.’
- ‘The stories begin to accumulate, each one a random intrusion by dumb, underqualified government authorities who seem to have watched too much television and have very little common sense.’
- ‘Earth science either is not taught in schools or is taught by underqualified teachers, so students have little awareness of geoscience or jobs in the field, and we lose bright students to biology, chemistry, and physics.’
- ‘Not that anything catastrophic happened, mind you, but I felt extremely underqualified to handle some of the things these kids were doing.’
- ‘Unlike virtually every other correctional center in the country, Hampden County doesn't rely on underpaid, often underqualified, overworked in-house docs.’
- ‘I'm so totally underqualified it's ridiculous.’
- ‘Yes, and I don't like the insinuation that I'm overpaid and underqualified!’
- ‘The strength of the college's partnerships, as well as its collaboration with the local workforce development board, has made employment possible for many students, especially previously underqualified adult workers.’
- ‘I'm in desperate need of a new job, and have an interview for a great position (which honestly, I'm a tad underqualified for) at an incredibly cool company tomorrow.’
- ‘I think the problem here is that these conservative scholars are afraid of being regarded as underqualified.’
- ‘The ever-growing need for more teachers has meant that underqualified individuals are hired.’
- ‘Okay if anyone agrees with any of my very underqualified but intensely heartfelt, and passionate, article, please write back and tell me if you somehow agree.’
- ‘Interviewees indicated that less able children were unlikely to learn in overcrowded schools with underqualified teachers.’
- ‘Also, a report from October 1997 indicated that 42% of teachers were not qualified or were underqualified.’
- ‘And some schools don't help much, offering overcrowded classes, underqualified teachers, inadequate resources and overwhelmed administrators.’
- ‘I'm sure the technicians are either underqualified or underfunded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.