One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The lower lip of a person or animal.
- ‘If the urgency of time wasn't dire enough, Cao bit his underlip, realizing had just earned himself a new enemy - politics.’
- ‘He is pimply, his neck is thin, his blue eyes goggle, and his underlip extrudes.’
- ‘Miguel would bite down on one side of his underlip, and slowly release it.’
- ‘She stopped working for a moment and stared at her, biting her underlip, twisting her mouth.’
- ‘It did not appear that such an inquiry had been tactful of her, the waitress noticed, nervously biting her underlip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.