One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Secretive or dishonest behaviour.‘he rules with a combination of threats and underhandedness’
- ‘The aim of the government's underhandedness was to make the deal look like the property of 'the People'.’
- ‘You think that infighting, back-stabbing and underhandedness were only confined to Republicans and Democrats?’
- ‘Intriguing how a simple answer to a question by a reporter could distract people from the true underhandedness taking place right under their noses.’
- ‘I'm not going to permit this sort of underhandedness or distortion to prevent me from doing a job in the service of the Tasmanian people.’
- ‘That's all Mayo were trying to do and for their efforts to be upfront they met only with underhandedness.’
- ‘The woman had depths of underhandedness he was only beginning to comprehend.’
- ‘She always acts above board, never resorting to underhandedness.’
- ‘It is the sneakiness and underhandedness that has disappointed me.’
- ‘The Commission's reforms were shot through with serpentine underhandedness.’
- ‘The problem is not with the underhandedness of a given lobby group, the problem is with the system that allows financial might to dominate the decision-making process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.