One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insufficient provision of money for a particular purpose, especially by an organization or government.‘the chronic underfunding of elderly care’
- ‘Underfunding means the program may not take on new clients.’
- ‘The current underfunding problem dictates an extensive overhaul.’
- ‘Large excess capacity still exists and pension underfunding continues to haunt firms.’
- ‘Parents are having to pay too much in school fees to compensate for chronic underfunding by the provincial government.’
- ‘Top of the considerable pile of conundrums on his desk as director of television is the station's perennial problem of underfunding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.