One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Underpants.‘first of all they stripped me down to my underdaks and then they sprayed me all over’
- ‘He had often mused that clean underdaks would be the least of your worries if hit by a double-decker.’
- ‘I stood there somewhat shocked at having my underdaks exposed to the world.’
- ‘We haven't seen much of Steve lately but we've seen lots of his son, Nick, parading in underdaks during the fashion festival.’
- ‘He takes off his jeans and underdaks.’
- ‘Wear your underdaks if you don't want to get naked.’
1980s: from under + daks.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.