Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for supercool
- ‘Under conditions of undercooling, the liquid crystal phases persist to 0°C for all alkyl glucosides examined in this study.’
- ‘Confirming Frank's hypothesis involves not only undercooling the right material, but also measuring its atomic structure.’
- ‘This is the region of metastability of the undercooled homogeneous solution.’
- ‘The entire suite of liquid crystal phases observed in this study in the presence of alkyl glycosides exists in the undercooled state down to 0°C.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.