One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The undercarriage of an aircraft.
- ‘The trial was satisfactory and flight without undercart became operational practice.’
- ‘He confirmed that my wheel had gone, but that the starboard wheel and undercart appeared to be intact.’
- ‘Rear canopy frames from a Val was identified as well as a pair of undercarts off a rare A5M Claude fighter.’
- ‘Smoothly we left the ground, raised our undercarts, and climbed away into that overcast, threatening sky.’
- ‘The undercarriage was replaced with a white metal set, as I'd heard bad things about heavy models on plastic undercarts, and this was just a direct replacement with no fettling required.’
- ‘The functioning undercart has now been removed, and the model is now much lighter than before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.