Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Fail to value sufficiently highly.‘one of the jazz world's most underappreciated artists’
- ‘This is an under appreciated aspect of the working the referee's tactic.’
- ‘The best job so far was done by the under appreciated Dean Cain on the short lived TV show Lois and Clark.’
- ‘He was a great man, a great South African, someone whom I feel was under appreciated as a South African icon.’
- ‘He's one of the most understated (and under appreciated) actors of his generation.’
- ‘Someone like Avedon or Penn has garnered more attention, but many are largely under appreciated, which is seen in cost. "’
- ‘Burns was one of those fighters who was under appreciated by boxing fans today.’
- ‘Somewhat more successful are the cuts with guest rappers, most notably a few with the woefully under appreciated Jean Grae.’
- ‘A fascinating tale of an under appreciated Australian hero.’
- ‘Chris Byrd is a very under appreciated fighter in today's Heavyweight division.’
- ‘That man is Les Claypool, a very under appreciated musician.’
- ‘In his lifetime and until recently, Kuniyoshi has been under appreciated.’
- ‘A Christmas Story is a joyous celebration, a comedic care package for those who feel the season has gotten over-hyped and under appreciated.’
- ‘They will continue to say that it is misunderstood and under appreciated for as long as anyone will listen.’
- ‘Cage's performance was outstanding and very under appreciated.’
- ‘Steve Carell stars in the NBC sitcom that highlights the often under appreciated middle managers.’
- ‘Critically hailed yet under performing and under appreciated, Election is smart, on its toes, and delightfully cynical.’
- ‘Because tiles have always been mass-produced, generally using cheap and readily available materials, the individual object is often under appreciated.’
- ‘The book pays greatest attention to the anthropological and economic dimensions of Asia - topics often under appreciated by the defense intellectual community.’
- ‘You tend to be understated and under appreciated.’
- ‘I believe the early role in settlement and the establishment of a garden on the island is very much under appreciated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.