One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact of doing less well than expected, especially in schoolwork.‘concern about the underachievement of pupils in secondary school’
- ‘English sport, that institution of chronic underachievement, has suddenly found people who know how to win.’
- ‘Our hope is to show how this disastrous underachievement might begin to be rectified.’
- ‘In school-age children, depression can manifest as underachievement and withdrawal from activities.’
- ‘It is a songwriting career of underachievement perforated by sublime moments.’
- ‘Perhaps even worse than stigmatizing minorities, affirmative action programs obscure the problems that lead to minority underachievement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.