One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Record (a number or amount) as being lower than it really is.‘these victim studies also under-record the amount’
- ‘For a variety of reasons, this type of crime is under-reported and under-recorded in the county.’
- ‘The problem here is not just that imports have been growing sharply, but also that official figures may significantly under-record the strength of imports.’
- ‘Military expenditures and interest payments had been serially under-recorded and the surplus recorded in the social security account had been over-stated.’
- ‘These fungi are almost certainly under-recorded throughout Britain, although they are also considered to be under threat.’
- 1.1 Record (data or information) insufficiently or inadequately.‘such conditions had been markedly under-recorded in medical inspection’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.