Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not having all the necessary equipment or resources.‘many hospitals and clinics were understaffed and under-equipped’
- ‘Capt. Julius Boyd is a supply officer for an impatient and under-equipped army.’
- ‘During operations, the brigade Intelligence section was severely understaffed and under-equipped to handle the volume of information coming in during actual combat operations.’
- ‘Under equipped hospitals according to U. N. officials overwhelmed with injured.’
- ‘A chronically harassed, understaffed, underequipped system reaches reflexively for routine diagnoses, prescriptions.’
- ‘Her His reporting on the needs of the sick and the dying in the woefully under-equipped Baghdad hospitals are heartbreaking.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the dominance of air forces in procurement battles has left Britain's land army woefully under-equipped.’
- ‘But, as has chronically been the case, they are technically underequipped.’
- ‘With doctors and nurses too scared to report to hospitals in Swat, injured civilians are flooding under equipped hospitals outside the region.’
- ‘But Sudan has so far resisted a large UN deployment in Darfur, where an undermanned, under-equipped African Union peacekeeping force is struggling.’
- ‘Within ten days, the under-equipped Allied troops were pushed off the island.’
- ‘In addition, African Union forces are grossly underequipped; the region's various militia are far better armed.’
- ‘They're either too small and under equipped or too big.’
- ‘In 3 months, the ISF transitioned from an underequipped, nascent organization to a better equipped, more disciplined force.’
- ‘Under educated, under manned and woefully under equipped the local force is simply not up to the task.’
- ‘Reservists who have been sent to Iraq recently have found themselves vastly under-equipped.’
- ‘They were many miles from the nearest, grossly under-equipped health clinic.’
- ‘Iraq's army, grossly underequipped compared with the US military, is constantly targeted by insurgents.’
- ‘Increasingly overwhelmed by their grisly discoveries, police officials said today that international help for the underequipped Ugandan police force would be welcome.’
- ‘Your employees in Iqaluit are hard-working but underequipped, while your customers are frustrated with delays at the mailing source.’
- ‘His dad joined the growing anger at the Government for only sending 3,300 under-equipped troops to cover a massive area.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.