Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Here is a picture of me drawn based on a photo of me which is taken after I am declared the undenied winner of 2001 salsa festival and the crown is on my head.’
- ‘So far, this report in USA Today has gone undenied and has even been more or less confirmed.’
- ‘Admittedly it isn't easy to know what is true and what has merely gone undenied.’
- ‘How it is that few of those people are upset at current, undenied reports that it will be more in the neighborhood of $1.2 trillion?’
- ‘In this respect, indeed, the importance of the Revolution is undenied and undeniable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.