Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially of a task) not demanding.‘undemanding clerical jobs’
relaxed, even-tempered, equable, placid, mellow, mild, happy-go-lucky, serene, blithe, carefree, free and easy, nonchalant, insouciant, unruffled, unworried, untroubled, imperturbable, unexcitableView synonyms
- ‘Good enough to fill a few hours of any reader's time in a pleasant and largely undemanding way.’
- ‘He has overcome the problem he says many people encounter that of ending up in undemanding, badly-paid jobs.’
- ‘He congratulated her on finding herself an undemanding retirement job.’
- ‘This is an undemanding walk on a good track, taking twenty minutes each way.’
- ‘She remembers that she was considered an extremely docile and undemanding child.’
- ‘We scientists are usually rather mellow, undemanding folk.’
- ‘But like nearly all the music here those pieces are pleasant, undemanding and utterly unmemorable.’
- ‘So far, the response from local audiences has been undemanding.’
- ‘I lay back and immersed myself in an undemanding novel.’
- ‘Scented geraniums are undemanding creatures, easy to grow outdoors in garden beds and patio containers or indoors on a sunny windowsill.’
- ‘Peonies are undemanding plants, requiring only a reasonably good soil with moderate drainage.’
- ‘Uncritical, undemanding and above all understanding.’
- ‘As in Mackenzie's writing, the result is entertaining but undemanding.’
- ‘Alternatively, you may want to stay in the same place because the work is undemanding and fits around the rest of your life.’
- ‘The youngest in a family of four, Grace is the apple of her father's eye and he describes her as an undemanding girl who would never ask for anything.’
- ‘He's pretty undemanding, as far as boyfriends go.’
- ‘‘I wish more of my patients were as undemanding as you,’ said the dentist admiringly.’
- ‘Teenagers stagnate in undemanding jobs upon graduation from high school.’
- ‘Otherwise it's an undemanding walk or paddle between bays in one of the most beautiful and protected parts of New Zealand.’
- ‘Honeysuckles are easy, undemanding climbers with interestingly shaped, wonderfully scented flowers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.