Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not defiled; pure.
virtuous, moral, ethical, good, righteous, angelic, saintly, pious, honourable, reputable, wholesome, clean, honest, upright, upstanding, exemplary, above reproach, irreproachable, innocentView synonyms
- ‘There they found that they could light the Menorah for only one day, due to a lack of undefiled oil.’
- ‘Oh, no, Ember only pretended to make out with Cale, so her lips are still undefiled.’
- ‘It is for them a symbol of purity, undefiled despite its muddy origin.’
- ‘When the subways were cleaned up, people felt better; they could get to work rumpled but undefiled.’
- ‘He seemed so tranquil and his features were so soft and undefiled.’
- ‘However, about 80 percent of the Canadian boreal forest is still undefiled.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.