One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not according to custom or the usual or habitual practice; unusual.‘his uncustomary silence on the issue’‘an uncustomary tactical error’
- ‘As a result, some wonderful informal, unstructured, and uncustomary team-building occurs.’
- ‘With uncustomary modesty, she claimed only precision and finish.’
- ‘Burly forward James McDonnell kicked four goals while John Bowen, playing in the uncustomary position of centre half forward, kicked two.’
- ‘This year an uncustomary extra award was bestowed.’
- ‘Attics were ransacked with uncustomary thoroughness.’
- ‘A new cautionary diction, an uncustomary prudence inflected our way of talking to one another.’
- ‘His ability to chase down shots made Federer indecisive and forced him into uncustomary unforced errors.’
- ‘But somehow, for all his foreign ways and uncustomary directness toward Miss Darcy, she trusted him.’
- ‘The most surprising element of the week was the uncustomary silence of the First Minister.’
- ‘The year ended with uncustomary relative quiet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.