One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not according to custom or the usual or habitual practice; unusual.‘his uncustomary silence on the issue’‘an uncustomary tactical error’
- ‘His ability to chase down shots made Federer indecisive and forced him into uncustomary unforced errors.’
- ‘Attics were ransacked with uncustomary thoroughness.’
- ‘Burly forward James McDonnell kicked four goals while John Bowen, playing in the uncustomary position of centre half forward, kicked two.’
- ‘The year ended with uncustomary relative quiet.’
- ‘But somehow, for all his foreign ways and uncustomary directness toward Miss Darcy, she trusted him.’
- ‘With uncustomary modesty, she claimed only precision and finish.’
- ‘A new cautionary diction, an uncustomary prudence inflected our way of talking to one another.’
- ‘This year an uncustomary extra award was bestowed.’
- ‘As a result, some wonderful informal, unstructured, and uncustomary team-building occurs.’
- ‘The most surprising element of the week was the uncustomary silence of the First Minister.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.