One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A quick jolt in the microwave will restore its soft unctuousness, even if its soupiness is gone.’
- ‘Maybe not, but what gratifying editorial unctuousness… Will I blurb a book because its editor implores me charmingly?’
- ‘An assembly of fresh wild mushrooms was heavily scented with dried ceps, the cheese had been employed with restraint, adding unctuousness to the sauce, and interesting secondary flavour.’
- ‘It is every thing that one could hope for in a dessert wine, complex flavours (a veritable fruit bowl of exotic fruits), unctuousness, sweetness without being cloying thanks to a hint of noble rot.’
- ‘They were a play of contrasting textures and flavors: the radish's crisp crunch cloaked by the unctuousness of butter, its mild but peppery bite tamed by salt and cream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.