One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A quick jolt in the microwave will restore its soft unctuousness, even if its soupiness is gone.’
- ‘An assembly of fresh wild mushrooms was heavily scented with dried ceps, the cheese had been employed with restraint, adding unctuousness to the sauce, and interesting secondary flavour.’
- ‘They were a play of contrasting textures and flavors: the radish's crisp crunch cloaked by the unctuousness of butter, its mild but peppery bite tamed by salt and cream.’
- ‘It is every thing that one could hope for in a dessert wine, complex flavours (a veritable fruit bowl of exotic fruits), unctuousness, sweetness without being cloying thanks to a hint of noble rot.’
- ‘Maybe not, but what gratifying editorial unctuousness… Will I blurb a book because its editor implores me charmingly?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.