Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘It's very nice; classic, uncrushed by use, and clearly a stranger to the raindrop.’
- ‘I picked out 10 uncrushed bottles and loaded them into my trunk.’
- ‘‘This is a good year for me,’ agrees Imtiaz, looking characteristically unruffled on an unseasonally hot day in uncrushed white linen.’
- ‘A complete, superb uncrushed specimen and several other complete and partial specimens were found weathered from the shale at the first location.’
- ‘Because the bones were buried gently and slowly in mud, many of them remain uncrushed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.