One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for mass noun
- ‘Other plural uncountable nouns include the expressions the British, the Dutch, the English, the French, the Irish, the Spanish and the Welsh.’
- ‘What is a countable noun in your language may be an uncountable noun in English.’
- ‘Mass or uncountable nouns are often abstract and cannot be counted.’
- ‘Ask students individually to tell if the picture shown is of a countable or uncountable noun.’
- ‘Advice is an uncountable noun, it's a so-called mass noun just like the word information.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.