One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I mean, I missed talking to you,’ he explained, but wasn't sure if the expression on Lara's face was relief or embarrassment as she glanced away uncooperatively.’
- ‘‘Tell me how you arrived so quickly,’ she returned uncooperatively, struggling in vain with the back of her dress.’
- ‘But by responding slowly or uncooperatively to information requests from the commission, Administration officials or bureaucrats can gum up the works rather easily.’
- ‘‘Who's asking?’ she responds uncooperatively and takes out a cigarette, lighting it.’
- ‘He looked at him with soft blue eyes but even with the friendliness he showed Charles remained uncooperatively silent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.