Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not fashionable or impressive.‘an uncool haircut’
- ‘I think the younger generation have obtained from somewhere or other the impression that I am uncool.’
- ‘Nothing, and I mean nothing, he did could be construed as uncool.’
- ‘Of course, it would be uncool to be excited about being so cool.’
- ‘I was almost impressed, though I never let on - very uncool.’
- ‘It's just shockingly uncool and hopelessly out of date.’
- ‘But at the end of the day you've got to hand it to kids: their world is black and white, cool and uncool.’
- ‘I was young and dumb, and anything old was just uncool.’
- ‘I am either cool or uncool, it's so hard to tell when you're young.’
- ‘I know I've made fun of you guys in the past, and I know that's totally uncool.’
- ‘Or would they rather emotionally identify with the uncool, harrumphing, self-righteous crowd, who just don't get it?’
- ‘This is very uncool, very unhip work that I'm doing.’
- ‘‘Hitching’ or hitch-hiking were really quite uncool terms.’
- ‘It's uncool to have parents tagging along everywhere.’
- ‘Keep everything low-key, and no PDA with this guy (you know, public displays of affection) because that would be way uncool.’
- ‘So many things about this scene were just simply uncool.’
- ‘Call me uncool, but I have been excited about this all week.’
- ‘Am I that old and out of touch, so entirely uncool and devoid of reasonable advice and emotional support?’
- ‘Who cares about how cool I am or how uncool you are?’
- ‘I know it's completely uncool to blather on about one's partner.’
- ‘In the school atmosphere, you really don't want to appear too uncool.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.