Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not constricted.‘everyone was relaxed and happy at that wedding, genial and unconstricted’
- ‘Interestingly, GFP-ARC5 can be faintly detected in unconstricted chloroplasts indicating that ARC5 may play a role in chloroplast division earlier than was previously suggested from analysis of the arc5 mutant.’
- ‘Mounted directly upon the wall, they escape into the space of the viewer, unconstricted by the tyranny of the framing edge.’
- ‘Hair swished over the hips, down to the ankles, free and unconstricted.’
- ‘With your spirit open and unconstricted, look at things from a high point of view.’
- ‘He enjoyed the sensation of his full belly hanging over his loose pajama bottoms, unconstricted and merry in its fleshy freedom.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.